Do these and you’ll get faster.
99% of athletes aren’t doing these basics:
1. Sprint Weekly
Pick your low hanging fruit. Most aren’t.
How to train acceleration:
– Distance per sprint: 5-40m
– Rest per sprint: 60s per 10m
– Distance per session: 120-240m
How to train top-end speed:
– Distance per sprint (at max velocity): 10-40m/rep
– Rest per sprint: 20-60s per 10m
– Distance per session: 200-300m
2. Train your Leg like an Athlete
Do the bare minimum to get your legs stronger.
Don’t destroy your legs like a bodybuilder on Monday, leaving you unable to play your sport with speed.
The primary objective of your lower-body strength training should be to prevent injury, then assist speed/power development.
3. Reduce your Bodyfat
Many contact athletes carry too much body-fat.
Yes, you’re not a bodybuilder…
There’s no reason to be shredded to the bone. But you should look like an athlete.
Nutrition is your X-factor, tidy it up and see your performances drastically improve.
WANT TO GET FASTER AND DEVELOP UPPER-BODY ARMOUR?
Apply for athletic online coaching here: https://jacktylerperformance.com/jt-performance-online-coaching/